There are times I find myself stuck or I just cannot think of what to write about. When that happens, I look up writing prompts. They can be really helpful when I suffer from writer’s block.
Here are some of my favorites:
- Create your own inspirational quote.
- Use this prompt: “What you seek, lies within”.
- Write down your favorite memory.
- Write a confession–a list of things that you wish you had done differently.
- Write a love letter to someone special.
- Create a table of contents for your life.
- Buy a new journal. Dedicate this book to someone special.
- Write a prayer for forgiveness or guidance.
- Celebrate life in a poem. Praise thanksgiving. Pray for guidance in bad times.
- What really matters to you? Make a list of meaningful things.
I have tried a few of these myself, and I have to admit, they worked. Prompts tend to make the mind spin with possibilities. They are fun and ideal to do. They make the writing experience a celebration of words and emotions. Let’s get started today!